I am a marketing and communications professional with a track record of accepting new challenges and exceeding expectations. I have marketing, advertising public relations, sales and customer service management experience; solid analytical skills paired with common sense. I am resourceful, innovative, and solutions-oriented; with strong relationship development skills.
Marketing, Advertising, Quantitative and Qualitative analysis, Public Relations, Mar/Comm. Lead Generation, Social Networking/Media, and Disruptive Innovation.
Director of Marketing, Communications US/EMEA (Technology)
XYTECH SYSTEMS CORPORATION, Burbank California
- Managed and coordinated the marketing and advertising efforts for this workflow and media asset management computer software organization.
- Developed and implemented marketing plans that were focused on building market share in both new and existing markets.
- Determined the effectiveness of marketing plans, selected efficient modalities for building awareness and creating the need for the product. This included both inbound and outbound tactics.
- Conducted marketing research which included, win/loss analysis, and SWOT analysis in order to determine how to cross market channels to increase market share.
- Researched opportunities in both US and EMEA that would target new primary and secondary markets previously not considered.
- Managed, tracked, and analysis of marketing efforts in order to provide management with reports and insights.
- Conducted webinars, e-mail blasts, scripted teleprospecting, and determined the best tradeshows to garner sales ready leads.
- Reviewed customer retention and researched customer behavior in order to convert prospects into sales.
- Competition analysis in order to determine the best methodology to build market share. This included the comparison of metrics, including Adwords and Google and Yahoo analytics.
- Customer behavior analysis and an effective lead generation program.
- Created an effective product value proposition in order to motivate prospects.
- Prospect mining and maintaining company CRM.
- Designed, layout and art for all visual materials including: graphs, charts, and PowerPoint presentations. Provided copy and graphic support to RFP’s/RFI’s.
- Produced Webinar’s, email blasts, direct mail, press kits, press releases, case studies as a way to build market awareness.
- Design of sales collateral, working with print vendors, artists, and negotiating favorable rates for services.
Executive Director Advertising/Marketing
UNIVERSAL STUDIO MOTION PICTURES, Universal City, CA
- Developed and implemented marketing plans. Supervised planning, budgeting and placement of all newspaper and print advertising for Universal Motion Pictures Group.
- Worked with research group to determine the target audience. (Test screening’s)
- Senior Publicist
- Remained informed on competitive marketing efforts and re-postured in order to thwart their challenge.
- Expanded marketing into secondary markets including Puerto Rico and built market awareness by building strategic partnerships with the theme parks and music divisions.
- Supervised a large staff of Publicists, marketing personnel and support.
- Controlled annual budget of 65 million dollars.
- Acted as a key liaison with Distribution and Exhibitors concerning newspaper and radio advertising.
- Director of Co-op Advertising.
- Negotiated agency and media contracts.
- Online marketing, including banner ad and email campaign execution.
- Worked with systems analyst to design new cooperative advertising computer system and database.
- Project Manager, Universal Cooperative Advertising Co-Star Computer System.
- Conducted studies on media trends and the future of newspaper advertising for the film industry.
DESIGNQUORUM, CREATIVE SERVICES, Van Nuys, California
- Strategic marketing including building budgets and plans to support sales goals. Totally hands on in all areas of the company.
- Restructured a small creative service company into a 300% increase of revenues.
- Mar/Comm. efforts including both on and offline activities. Website design, SEO, building strategic partnerships, cross channel promoting.
- Evaluating collected data to determine marketing and sales effectiveness.
- Google Adwords analysis, Google Analytics, SWOT analysis.
- Identified new sells opportunities and new marketing channels in order to reach complex prospects.
- Business development; customer retention, and the expansion of the client list.
- Identified and sourced innovative products and services that were presented to client base.
- Successful viral marketing efforts.
- Developed an innovative and highly effective lead generation program.
- Public Relations and article plants in trade publications. This included an article about the company in the San Fernando Business Journal.
- Expanded client list to include; Warner Brothers, KTLA, NBC Universal, Sony, Revolution Studios, Disney Channel, ABC Daytime, Crystal Cruises, and Cargo Magazine.
Strategic Marketing Consultant
THE CIMARRON GROUP, Los Angeles Ca. through (Creative Circle)
- Universal Studios, City Walk Summer Promotion project.
- Media Analyst and Media Buyer.
- PowerPoint decks, media plans and client presentations.
- Evaluation of radio promotions, newspaper and magazine opportunities.
- Developed a short term novelty marketing plan that was based on legacy data.
TERRY HINES AND ASSOCIATES, Burbank, Ca
- Created a newspaper database, and analyzed future trends of newspaper advertising for this prominent L. A. Media Placement Agency.
ALLIED ADVERTISING, Boston, Ma
- Marketing consultant and designer/programmer of the website for this top East Coast advertising agency.
- International Cinematographer Guild, Publicity Guild
- Alpha Epsilon Rho National Honorary Radio-Television Fraternity.
- Magic Castle
- Southland Regional Association of Realtors, Inc.
CAL STATE UNIVERSITY, NORTHRIDGE
- Bachelor of Arts, Communications-Marketing
- Dean's List “For Achievement of Academic Excellence.”
- Student Faculty Member-Student teacher
ASPEN UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS DETC
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) Marketing
- Online Faculty Member for Sales & Marketing degrees
- Aspen University Honor Society (4.0 grade point average)
- Developing a new Marketing MBA/MS program for the school
Internet savvy, advanced computer user with extended Windows knowledge as well as Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project Manager) within Windows and Mac platforms. Proficient in; Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Camtasia Studio and After Effects. Comfortable with HTML programming utilizing Dreamweaver. Experienced with CRM system platforms and implementations. Social media and networking proficient, disruptive innovation, web analytics, win/loss analysis, and SWOT analysis.